Thanks to technology evolution, it has become easier for all and sundry to send unlimited messages and files at no cost.
The ease of sending and receiving messages can be attributed to the introduction of messaging platforms like Gmail. Gmail is a robust email service that was launched by Google in 2004. Since its introduction, Gmail became well known and widely used by internet users. Due to its excellent services, the number of Gmail users exceeded the population of other email providers like Yahoo. Nowadays, Gmail is used by students, educators, and businessmen and women worldwide.
The pros and cons of Gmail are highlighted below.
|It organizes conversations into thread for easy access.||Emails deleted cannot be recovered.|
|It scans files for malware and viruses.||The compose interface is not big.|
|It has over 10GB storage space.|
|It allows keystroke shortcuts.|
|It delivers sent emails with seconds.|
Google has made the registration to get a Gmail account easier because you can easily sign up for an account with any device connected to the internet. The email provider has exciting facts and statistics you will love to know about as an intending or existing Gmail user. Therefore, today, I will be telling you the top Gmail facts and statistics you will love to hear in 2022.
Imagine the 21st century without Gmail. The vast majority of internet users widely use the email provider. In this section, I will discuss the amazing Gmail statistics you will love to know.
1. Gmail is the most famous email provider, with over four billion users globally. In 2015, Gmail had about 900 million users. The number of users was estimated at 1 billion in February 2016. In October 2018, users of Gmail increased to 1.5 billion. Currently, the population of Gmail users is estimated at over four billion. Today, Gmail remains the largest Gmail provider in the world.
2. Of the 7.8 billion people globally, about 4.57 billion people are internet users, while over four billion people have an email account. About 88% of the email users register to Gmail.
3. Currently, Gmail owns about 43% of all email market share. Other big names in the email market include Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook, ProtonMail, Yandex, AOL, and Gmax. Yahoo has about 26% of the market share, while Outlook has about 6%. Gmail's huge usage is a result of its wide application for different services that are needed daily.
4. In 2022, Gmail has about a 53% share in the United States email market. About 85% of the United States population are active users of email. Out of the 85%, about 130.9 million people have an active Gmail account.
5. In 2022, Gmail tops the email client provider rank with about 27.8% of the market share. The email services provider is closely followed by the Apple iPhone, with about 27.6%. This year is the first time Gmail will clinch the top spot because Apple iPhone email has always been at the top of the chart.
6. Currently, more than 300 billion emails are received and sent on Gmail daily. With this estimate, about 3.5 million messages are received and sent every second. The email service provider has achieved this feat because it is straightforward to use, flexible, fast, easier to exchange documents, and unlimited email services.
1. Gmail was launched on 1st April 2004. Its beta version started the same date Gmail was launched. The final version was released five years later.
2. At exactly one year after it was launched, Google gave out 2GB email storage at no cost. A few years later, storage capacity was later increased to 7.5GB. In 2012, Google increased the free email storage in all user's accounts to 10GB. A year later, Google announced the increment of its free email storage to 15GB. As a Gmail user, you can share the 15GB storage between your Google Drive, Gmail, and Google+ Photos accounts.
3. Gmail has an "Undo" feature through which you can turn on undo settings so that the emails you recently sent to the receiver can be undone. This feature was launched because of its popular demand by wide arrays of users of Gmail. However, the undo feature is not publicized. Hence, the vast majority of Gmail users know little about it.
4. In 2014, the popular email service provider introduced an excellent app called Inbox by Gmail. The app was designed to cater to users that desire casual email services. The app offers extra features like smart replies, nudges, and snoozing emails. However, the features present in Inbox by Gmail were included in the standard Gmail services in 2019. This led to the Google shutting down of the Inbox by Gmail app in 2019.
5. Gmail is an excellent email service provider that offers amazing email services to its users in 105 languages. This has made it easier for non-English speakers to enjoy its services.
6. Currently, the number of Gmail accounts owned by the user is estimated at 1.7. This figure has been projected to increase to 1.9 in the year 2022.
7. Some email service providers restrict users from entering unspecific characters. However, Gmail has a feature whereby you can enter unspecific characters to content sent to your target receiver. Languages like Latin and French can be entered while composing your content on Gmail.
8. Gmail is an excellent platform that is used by 60% of medium-sized businesses in the United States. These businesses use Gmail as their primary and dedicated email domain. Also, over 92% of startups in the United States use Gmail as their main email provider.
9. In 2022, it was estimated that about 0.1% of email received on a typical Gmail account enters the spam. Google has designed its algorithm so that emails targeted at spam are directed into a separate folder. Also, about 0.05% of emails not targeted to enter the spam are directed there by the Google algorithm.
10. Email messages sent by advertisers and email marketers enter the users' inboxes in the promotion category. Also, 87% of the email adverts enter the Gmail users' inbox.
Gmail is an efficient email service provider that can be accessed by creating a Gmail account - either personal or for business purposes. With Gmail, you can store a huge volume of data because it has a massive storage capacity. Gmail saves detailed statistics of its users. As a Gmail user, you can easily access the statistics report on your account. If you desire to know the stats of your Gmail account, the process is simple and straightforward. The statistics can be useful to you in many ways, especially people who are heavy users of Gmail. The straightforward steps involved in checking your Gmail statistics are discussed below.
1. Launch the Gmail website on your browser. Then, hit your profile picture located at the top right side of the screen.
2. Next, hit the Google Account icon designed with blue color. Once clicked, you will be taken to the Google Account Management Page window.
3. Navigate through the window and hit the Manage Your Data and Rationalization icon.
4. Now, scroll down and hit the Go to Google Dashboard.
5. When the Google prompts appear, fill in your password.
6. On your Google account dashboard, hit Gmail from the available list on the services.
7. Next, you will see your Gmail stats in a rectangular box.
Gmail Meter is a well-designed script that allows Gmail users to access the advanced Gmail stats of your account. With the Gmail Meter, email marketers, and data students can easily know their email usage. The tool can be used to know the peak time for your email traffic. Gmail also has a Chrome extension that sends you monthly stats for your Gmail account usage. If you prefer the extension, you can add it to your Chrome browser.
Gmail remains the most famous email service provider. From a survey, about nine out of ten people use a Gmail account. The email service provider has a lot of exciting facts you will never want to miss. Today, I have discussed the amazing facts and stats and the methods of checking your Gmail stats. Please go through the stats and facts to know more about your preferred Gmail account.