TikTok is one of the most popular apps among people nowadays. It has over 1 billion downloads and millions of people use it daily. It was formerly known as Musical.ly until it was absorbed with TikTok and transferred all users here. It has proved itself to be a strong competitor to similar apps like Dubsmash, Vine, and Snapchat. Generation Z has turned out to be a huge fan of this app. Majority of the users are of Generation Z, however, now people of all ages have started signing up on TikTok and using it heavily.
TikTok is used by a vast majority for various reasons. Some use it to lip-sync to songs while others use it to create humorous videos. It has come a long way since the days of only lip-syncing top trending songs. TikTok now is used for other reasons such as sharing tips and tricks, how-to videos, and even art-related videos. The content that is now available on TikTok is vast and spread out. It covers more than one category and is a platform available to all. It has numerous features that add to its popularity.
One such feature is the "Live Stream" option. This is an option that is used by a lot of users on TikTok. Celebrities and public figures make effective use of this option by coming live and interacting with their fans and followers. Not only this but the option of receiving gifts and donations during the live stream adds to its popularity. It is possible to go live on TikTok even if you are not a celebrity. There are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled for you to stream live. The list of requirements and terms that you are required to meet are listed below.
The "Live Stream" option is not unlocked for every user. You need to make sure that it is unlocked for you and it can only be accessed if you meet the following requirements.
1. The option to go live stems from the idea of connecting with your followers on a one-to-one basis. It is basically a live session to interact and communicate with your fans. Hence, the first requirement is that you must have a minimum of 1000 followers to go live. If you have at least this many followers on your account you are good to go. However, if you have a lesser number of followers, you will not be illegible to go live.
2. Secondly, there is an age restriction barrier. The minimum age to go live is 16 years. This is different from the age required to sign up on TikTok. You should at least be 13 years to make an account, however, the age requirement to go live is different.
3. Additionally, you are required to have an excellent internet connection. The reason for this is that streaming live needs an internet connection that is fast and reliable. It consumes a lot of data.
4. Lastly, at the time of signing up, TikTok must have asked you to give permission for the app to use your camera. Make sure that is enabled, otherwise you would not be able to use your camera.
Note: You can receive "Virtual Gifts" from your followers during your live stream if your at least 18 years of age. You will receive this in digital currency and can get it exchanged although, at a very low price and rate.
After you have met the requirements stated by TikTok such as being at least 16 years with a minimum of 1000 followers along with a good internet connection, you are good to go!
You can stream live and interact with the people who follow what you post. You can communicate with them through both Android and iOS devices. The method to do so is almost the same on both mediums. The steps to go live are mentioned below.
Step 1: Launch the application.
Step 2: Fill in your username and password to log in.
Step 3: Look at the bottom of the screen. In the middle, there will be an option called "Add (+)". Click on that.
Step 4: The video camera will open.
Step 5: Look for the recording button. There will be a "Live" option present next to it.
Step 6: You will be asked to add a title to your live session. Think of a creative name that will attract your audience while refrain from using words that can be banned. Some of these words are a duet, donation, etc.
Step 7: Look at the bottom of the screen. There will be an option "Go Live" highlighted in pink. Tap on that option.
After clicking on that option, your live stream will begin. Al your followers will receive a notification about your live stream. Strategically speaking, you should wait for a couple of minutes for people to start to join in on the live stream. This will increase your chances of interacting with a wider audience.
There is a catch with making videos on TikTok. It has set a limit of 15 seconds which basically means that you cannot make a video more than 15 seconds in one time. However, one hack is to make several 15 seconds of video and then combine it. This hack may not be that effective considering that you can put together a maximum of 4 videos which translates into a total of 60 seconds. This is when going live comes as a good option. You can stream live and talk about any content that matters to you. The time constraint does not come in place over here which means that you can stream for as long as you want. This way you will get the opportunity to get the word out without being limited to a specific time. You can talk about anything and showcase any talent that you wish through this. It will provide you with an excellent opportunity to interact with many people at the same time. There are many other benefits of going live on TikTok. It all boils down to how you want to utilize it. It is mostly used for the purpose of increasing interaction and staying relevant to the audience.
Going on a live stream is a great option to reach out to a bigger audience. However, it is important to know that there are a few guidelines you should abide by. There are a couple of things you should keep in mind when choosing to go live in front of a large audience. Some of the things that you should steer clear of are listed below.
1. TikTok is not the platform to promote nudity. We understand that we all have a right and freedom to say and do as we please. However, there are a few things you should not indulge in including posing nude, taking off your clothes, or promote nudity. There are viewers of varying ages and what might appeal to one can be offensive to another. So, it is best to steer clear of such an arena. Also, it violates the guidelines stated by TikTok and hence, goes against the laws. You should also refrain from posting NSFW (Not safe for work) content. It can have serious consequences such as suspending your account.
2. Do not abuse anyone while streaming live. Using abusive language or hate speech should be avoided at all costs. It is unethical, immoral, and illegal. It can land you in a lot of trouble. You can hurt the sentiments of your followers and can even be reported online for bullying and harassment. Consequences of such actions can be irreversible hence; it should be avoided.
3. Do not ask for donations when streaming live.
4. Do not use any spam words. This means that you should not say out any words like FollowforFollow or FollowMeBack. They will be highlighted as spam.
5. Lastly, do not indulge in any indecent or inappropriate acts. It is unethical and will be taken seriously by the TikTok community. Therefore, it is best if you avoid any such activity.
The acts specified above should be avoided at all costs as it can result in your followers reporting your account. TikTok considers such reports seriously and also takes into account the seriousness of it. Your account can be suspended temporarily or even permanently if such acts and complaints persist.
TikTok is one of the most widely accessed platforms by people of all ages. It has over one billion downloads and its community is growing every day. The numerous features available on the app makes it so popular amongst the people. One such feature is going live and interacting with the people that follow you. It is very easy to do so as long as you fulfill its set requirements. There are a few things that you should steer clear of when streaming live. Except that, you are good to go!